Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mercy_angel
New Contributor

why it keeps disconnecting?

i am having a fortigate and i am trying to use ssl vpn but with no luck, after some time, i see that forticlient dissconnect from server. This is idle and auth timeout

set idle-timeout 0 set auth-timeout 0

What can i do to fix it? Because allways up and autoconnect options are not free.

3 REPLIES 3
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

May I know if this issue is observed for all the users?

Please share the Fortigate and Forticlient version.

BR,

Manosh

aahmadzada
Staff
Staff

First, please check the VPN Events to find the possible reason for disconnects.

It might be packet loss between the sslvpn client and the fortigate.

Also refer to that KB : https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-SSL-VPN-disconnection-issues-when-connecte...

Ahmad
pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello @mercy_angel,

Set the security user authentication timeout to control how long an authenticated connection can be idle before the user must authenticate again. The maximum timeout is 4320 minutes (72 hours).

To set the security authentication timeout – web-based manager:

Go to User & Device > Authentication Settings.
Enter the Authentication Timeout value in minutes. The default authentication timeout is 5 minutes.
Select Apply.

Set the SSL VPN user authentication timeout (Idle Timeout) to control how long an authenticated connection can be idle before the user must authenticate again. The maximum timeout is 259 200 seconds. The default timeout is 300 seconds.

To set the SSL VPN authentication timeout – web-based manager:

Go to VPN > SSL-VPN Settings.
Enable Idle Logout and enter the Inactive For value in seconds.
Select Apply.

Thanks
Pavan

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors