Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jared8609
New Contributor

vlan to ssid setup

So i have a 60F, 2-248E-poe, and 6-231F A.P. I'm planning on 1 office LAN (no wifi), one IOT wifi, and one Guest Wifi, all segregated. With VLAN 100,150, and 200. I'm having issues trying to get the IOT vlan to share the same subnet as the WIFI IOT.

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jared,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

you have to make your AP to tag iot wifi traffic with same vid.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
jared8609

I've tried but it puts them on different subnets.

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

If you are using tunneled SSID I would suggest to create a Software switch that can group wired and WiFi VLAN in a single subnet:

soft-sw.PNG

from SSID:

ssid-vlan.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
jared8609

Only my Fortigate interfaces show up in the list of available member options, (internal2, internal3).

ebilcari

That's because during the interface creation when the Role is set to "LAN", FGT will automatically treat it as L3 interface and create an address object. This will prevent you to add it to the software switch. One way is to delete the interface and create it again and select "Undefined" as a role or edit the existing interface from the CLI

LAN-address.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors