Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ps48625
New Contributor

set-cfg save revert

Do you know if it's possible to use the "cfg-save revert" command on a Fortigate in such a way that the firewall WON'T reboot when the timer period expires?   i.e. are there any other config settings which can be changed so that the config will just revert without rebooting the device?   (I'm using a HA pair of 600E firewalls running 6.4.7).      Thanks

Peter Shastri
Peter Shastri
6 REPLIES 6
distillednetwork
Contributor III

I am not aware of any way to revert the changes without rebooting.  The unit assumes there is an issue with the config, so it just restores the last known good configuration, and the only way to restore an entire configuration is through a reboot.

ps48625

Thanks for your reply.  I suspected that was the case, although it's a bit annoying as I CAN revert my Juniper SRX and even my Cisco switches without a reboot.  (also strangely enough I can do the same with my Fortigate 40F).  

Peter Shastri
Peter Shastri
distillednetwork

Is the 40F also running 6.4.7?  When it did not reboot for the revert, was it the same kind of change?  (ie interface, policy, etc)?

ps48625

Yes the 40F is also running 6.4.7.   The change I made was to add a static route.  The 600E firewalls though are running as an HA pair and unlike the 40F have multiple VDOMs.  Perhaps that's why a reboot is necessary?

Peter Shastri
Peter Shastri
anikolov
Staff
Staff

Hello Peter,

You can also check these other ideas:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Auto-restore-a-previous-config-if-the-chan...

Regards,

Aleksandar Nikolov
ps48625

Thanks very much I will check out that link.

Peter Shastri
Peter Shastri
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors