Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
piaakit1210
New Contributor III

sd wan redundancy question

Dear All, 

i have a question on SD WAN redundancy , if i'm gong to use SD Wan rule & performance SLA for redundancy, below are the setting i did, just wonder base on which setting to determine the failover and priorities which circuit to use first ? for instance if wan1 down it will failover to wan2, and if wan1 resume, it will failover back to wan1, and how do i set if i want use load balancing and where to determine the % to use on which circuit ? any help would be appreicated 

SD Wan rule 
Interface selection strategy
Manual
Manually assign outgoing interfaces.
Best quality
The interface with the best measured performance is selected.
Lowest cost (SLA)
The interface that meets SLA targets is selected. When there is a tie, the interface with the lowest assigned cost is selected.
Interface preference
WAN1 (port1)
WAN2 (port2)
Zone preference
Measured SLA
Default_Google Search
Required SLA target
Quality criteria

below is the setting under performance SLA:

Link Status
Check interval  500 ms
Failures before inactive  5
Restore link after   5    check(s)

Piaakit
1 Solution
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @piaakit1210,

The priorities are configured under Network > SD-WAN > SD-WAN Zones > SDWAN members. The member with lower priority value will be the primary. Make sure your default route is pointing to SDWAN. 

For load balancing, you can give SDWAN members the same priority and use SD-WAN rule to select Load Balancing Algorithm. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @piaakit1210,

The priorities are configured under Network > SD-WAN > SD-WAN Zones > SDWAN members. The member with lower priority value will be the primary. Make sure your default route is pointing to SDWAN. 

For load balancing, you can give SDWAN members the same priority and use SD-WAN rule to select Load Balancing Algorithm. 

Regards, 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors