Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jaustgen
New Contributor

"Entry is used" Error When Changing WAN1 IP Address

Hi, Got a Fortigate 60E running 5.4.5.

Client's ISP wants us to change public static IP.  This morning I added a new route for the new default gateway, then I went over to WAN1 and updated the new IP and subnet mask.  Hit OK, and instead of changing, it came back with an error just saying "Entry is used."

I google that and all I see is details about changing from switch mode to interface mode, nothing about changing an interface's IP Address.  any ideas? 

1 Solution
oheigl
Contributor II

Just export/backup the configuration and search for the ip address in the file, then you will find where it is used :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
oheigl
Contributor II

Just export/backup the configuration and search for the ip address in the file, then you will find where it is used :)

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

The cli cmd  diag sys checkuse system.interface.name  wan1 is what I would start with . Just place the name  interface name ( e.g port1 wan1 wan2 dmz internal etc.....)

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jaustgen

oheigl wrote:

Looks like one of my coworkers hard coded the source IP for Fortianalyzer:

config log fortianalyzer setting set source-ip "12.132.XXX.XXX"

Haven't tested yet but I bet this is the cause. (Edit: this did indeed fix the problem)  Thanks!!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors