Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rizgiff
New Contributor

full-featured FortiClient VPN 7.0.10 is stuck at 98% and returns to login screen

Dear all, 

we manage the FortiClient via. FortiEMS, recently we no longer roll out the FortiClient V7.0.10 via. FortiEMS but via. Microsoft Intune.

The Roll-Out over Microsoft Intune works perfectly and connects to the EMS via. the Telemetry key. But if you then try to connect to the SSL VPN-Tunnel externally via. WiFI or hotspot, the FortiClient stuck at 98% and returns than to login screen.  

If you then uninstall the FortiClient again and install it manually, it works. Is that really the solution? 

I dont want to manually install over 200 devices later. 

The problem only occurs since 7.0.10.  

Does anyone have an idea what it could be?

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
maulishshah
Staff
Staff

Hi @Rizgiff, This issue usually occurs due to IPv6 being enabled on the NIC of the client machine.

Please refer the following article: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-SSL-VPN-fails-at-98/ta-p/248363

You might need to disable the IPv6 on NIC if you're not using it. 

Maulish Shah
Rizgiff

Hi maulishshah, 

do you really think the problem will be solved if I deactivate IPv6 on the NIC? Because strangely enough, if I uninstall the FortiClient and install it manually, it works again.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors