Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

fortigate explicit proxy

hello fellas,

based on the attached diagram, port 2 of Fortigate with an ip address of 192.168.1.10 is connected to the switch. Fortigate was configured as explicit proxy. All workstations browsers set their browsers to Port 2 ip address as their proxy server. Now,

Port 3 of Fortigate with an ip address of 10.10.10.1 is directly connected to port 3 of forticache with an ip address of 10.10.10.2.

My question is, is  it possible that FortiCache will do its function as caching? If yes, may I know your procedure?

any feedback is much appreciated.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
1 REPLY 1
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

The only way the exact requirements can be met with that diagram is to configure FortiGate to WCCP transparently route traffic to the FCH.  I think however, a network change could simplify things and remove the need for WCCP e.g.

[ul]
  • Using Explicit Proxy - Change the desktop browsers set to use the FortiCache as an explicit proxy to access the internet instead of FGT (Explicit proxy and cache all done on FGT).
  • Adjust the network slightly so FCH has a two-arm setup with FGT set to route all traffic via the FCH (Explicit proxy on FGT, Cache on FCH).[/ul]
  • Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors