Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brijesh
New Contributor

firewall policy "create new" missing

Hi,

I am trying to create a firewall policy but when i go to Policy-> ipv4 on the right hand side there is nothing. No policies listed and i can't even see the "create new" button. The policies are there because if i ran the command "show firewall policy" it lists all the current rules defined. I am sure there must be a tick box i need to tick in order to get it displayed.

The unit is Fortigate 60D and firmware is 5.02

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

I'd rather suspect a browser issue. Could you try different browsers - FF seems to run smoothly for me but you might try a different one.

Second, are you running v5.0.2 or v5.2.x ? If 5.0.2, run and upgrade to 5.0.13 (latest). Could be a bug already fixed long ago.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
brijesh

Thanks for your reply. I am running v5.2.1 and i have tried different browsers but same result. I think it could be a setting which i need to turn on or off

ede_pfau

Strange. Are you using a restricted admin profile by chance (anything but "super-admin")?

FWIW, v5.2.7 has been published couple of days ago.

Ede

brijesh

No i am super_admin. Apparently it seems to work now i can see all the policies in the browser. The only change happened was i roamed my laptop from home network to my mobile phone hotspot( i was accessing the FT remotely from home).

brijesh

@saybroreth. No we had no upgrade of any kind.

saybroseth
New Contributor

Did you update new firmware ?  as my experience  after updated new firmware i have issue with view the policy . so we need downgrade to previous version.

ede_pfau

@saybroseth: ...which points to a conflict with JavaScript. FTNT recommends to clear the browser cache after an upgrade.

Ede

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors