Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ahmadking22
New Contributor III

edge not working fine

Hello

I use FortiGate 40F 

when I use default web filter and default DNS filter  after that when I open edge and make search nothing like no internet and more website not opening but if I disable web filter every thing fine why ? 

in web filter I allow all category allow but still same problem 

king
king
1 Solution
Dhruvin_patel

Hello Ahmad, 

It could be an issue related to 'TLS 1.3 Hybridized Kyber Support'.

Changes from the update on Google Chrome version 124.0.6367.61 and in Edge version 124.0.2478.51 (Edge is a derivative of Chrome) where the variable 'TLS 1.3 Hybridized Kyber Support' was changed from disabled to enabled adds extra data in the client hello message.

This change increases the time webpages load when the firewall policy is in flow mode.  In some cases, the pages do not load completely and the page tab shows an icon spinning for a long period. 

Please check this document, https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Web-pages-not-loading-or-taking-too-...

Regards!

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

Dhruvin Patel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ahmadking22
New Contributor III

if I downloaded Firefox every thing fine but in my company we use Edge Anyone can help me

king
king
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Ahmad

Does it have any relationship with DNS (53) and DNS over SSL/HTTPS? You may check if there is a difference between your Firefox and Edge on that side.

You may also check in Web Filter logs, under Log & Report menu, to see if there is relevant logs.

AEK
AEK
Dhruvin_patel

Hello Ahmad, 

It could be an issue related to 'TLS 1.3 Hybridized Kyber Support'.

Changes from the update on Google Chrome version 124.0.6367.61 and in Edge version 124.0.2478.51 (Edge is a derivative of Chrome) where the variable 'TLS 1.3 Hybridized Kyber Support' was changed from disabled to enabled adds extra data in the client hello message.

This change increases the time webpages load when the firewall policy is in flow mode.  In some cases, the pages do not load completely and the page tab shows an icon spinning for a long period. 

Please check this document, https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Web-pages-not-loading-or-taking-too-...

Regards!

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

Dhruvin Patel
ahmadking22

thank you sir 

now I can search in Edge and all web sites its opening.

Are there any security problems if you disable it?

king
king
DPadula
Staff
Staff

I have added the Edge screen shot to the article. Give us a day to review and the new version will be published soon. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors