Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

connect fortigate firewall with fortiswitch

Hello Dears

I am trying to add two fortigate switches (148F) to be manged by (60F) firewalls working in HA as Active/Passive, but always the devices are appeared on offilne status , i had check the OS version , NTP and configure the device with vlan 4094 to be like that : 

config switch auto-network

set mgmt-vlan 4094

set status enable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

end

but also no luck and they appeared offline , anyone can help me please?

Bests

2 REPLIES 2
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to run in CLI on FortiGate side "execute switch-controller get-conn-status <FortiSwitch_serial_number>"  and check the status.

FortiGate
Aneesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Mustpha,

I understand that you are trying to bring the Fortiswitch on the Fortigate in managed mode and the status seems to be offline. I kindly request you to help me with the below details for validation. 

>What is the version running on the Fortigate 60F?

>What is the version of the Fortiswitch 148F?

>What is the type of interface created on the Fortigate where the Fortiswitches are connected(eg; Aggregate/physical/hardware switch)

Also, help me with the below outputs from the Switch CLI/console

#show switch trunk

#get system interface

#diag switch trunk summary

#execute switch controller get-conn-status

#execute time

If possible please share the " #diag debug report " output from the Switch as well.

I will validate and help you with the next action once you share the above details.

Regards,
Aneesh 

Aneesh
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors