Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aagrafi
Contributor II

config system dedicated-mgmt issues

Hello,

I have an FG-900D with mgmt1 and mgmt2 management ports. I want to dedicate mgmt2 port to out-of-band management, using the "config system dedicated-mgmt", according to http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD39809&sliceId=1.... But I cannot execute the "set interface mgmt2" command:, with the following error message:

FG # config system dedicated-mgmt

FG (dedicated-mgmt) #

FG (dedicated-mgmt) # set status enable

FG (dedicated-mgmt) # set interface mgmt2

entry not found in datasource

value parse error before 'mgmt2'

Command fail. Return code -3

FG (dedicated-mgmt) #

The mgmt2 interface is set as follows:

edit "mgmt2"

set ip 192.168.2.99 255.255.255.0

set allowaccess ping https ssh

set type physical

set dedicated-to management

set role lan

set snmp-index 2

next

Do you have any idea why this command fails?

3 REPLIES 3
vetterous
New Contributor II

Do you have any static routes set for the mgmt2 interface? I had this same issue, once I removed the routes, it would take the interface.

aagrafi

I have a static route in mgmt1 interface, not mgmt2. I'm not sure if this can cause a similar problem to yours, but I'll try to remove it.

vetterous
New Contributor II

So one other thing it could be, is DHCP. For some weird reason, DHCP server on the 1500D's is defaulted to on for the mgmt1 interface. We don't use DHCP here for the firewall, so I had to delete this to bind to the mgmt1 interface. What's painful is it doesn't;t show this under the interface setting in the cli, but it does show it in the gui (running the 5.4 code). For cli to check (again, 5.4 code):

config system dhcp server

show

If it shows a setting bound to mgmt1, it won't let you assign it as the management interface. I deleted this setting using 'Delete 1' under the DHCP server menu, and this cleared my issue (and the route, but you said you didn't have one set).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors