Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alexlaza
New Contributor II

compatible Fiber optic Cable for Fortiswitch 148F SFP+

Hello ,

as you suggest i am searching the right fiber optic cable for our Fortiswitch 148F to support SFP+

Now i have a Fiber optic cable with following specs, which i dont know if it will work well ---

Duplex jumper LC/LC 50/125 μ 2m, OM3, LSZH, aqua

Could you prefer me some fiber optic cable whats state of art.

Kind regards
Alex

2 REPLIES 2
Cajuntank
Contributor II

You mention you have OM3, so this is a multi-mode fiber optic cable that will run 10Gb up to 300 meters. Assuming you have the multi-mode optic since you are asking about a multi-mode jumper, then you are good unless your distance needs to go beyond 300 meters. OM4 and OM5 are rated at up to 550 meters at 10Gb. If by chance you have a single-mode optic, then you are going to need a completely different jumper cable type (OS2 instead of OM3).

The link below gives some details about multimode fiber types and provides a linked YouTube video going over those.

https://community.fs.com/blog/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-multimode-fiber.html

Emma
New Contributor

Fortinet compatible fiber optic cable is known for its high quality and budget friendly price. Fortinet compatible fiber optic cable follows ANSI/TIA-568-C.2 standards to ensure the best use of your network. There are different types of fiber optic cables used by Fortinet like LC, SC, ST, FC, MTRJ and DMS.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors