Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shani786
New Contributor II

bypass some laptops traffic from firewall.

hello experts, i have a problem in my environment i want to bypass some laptop traffic from the Fortigate firewall.

so the firewall cannot monitor or inspect the traffic of laptops which i want to bypass from firewall inspection.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

Can you please clarify your requirement? You want to bypass the traffic coming to the Firewall or bypass some of the security features such as inspection/URL filtering etc of the firewall? If the requirement to bypass the firewall completely then the configuration needs to be done before the firewall.

Regards,

Shiva

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Shani

There many ways to do that.

One possible simple way is to create a firewall policy for those laptops "static" IP address (or MAC addresses) allowing all traffic and without any security profile.

Second possibility it to use FSSO or active portal to authenticate users and filter their traffic depending on the user.

One other possibility is to give them exclusive access to a specific SSID or VLAN for which you allow internet access without inspection.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors