Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chrisW4
New Contributor III

ZTNA SMB Access

Hi,

I have configured ZTNA SMB Access.

What I don't understand is that it takes very long till the system recognizes the ZTNA Proxy entries in the hosts file so connection can be established to mapped network drives.

Is there a way to force the refresh of mapped network drives when offf fabric?

Or any refresh intervall that can be adjusted to a shorter intervall for mapped network drives?

Cheers

Chris

Christoph Christian
Christoph Christian
12 REPLIES 12
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Christoph,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Christophe,

Could you please have a look into this KB article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-ZTNA-TCP-Forwarding-Access-Proxy-ZTAP-for-...

Could you please tell me if it helps? If not, we will continue to look for an answer.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
chrisW4
New Contributor III

I checked everything without success.

KR

Chris

Christoph Christian
Christoph Christian
maxheadroom
New Contributor

Chris, have you resolved this?  I can't get ZTNA for SMB to work without remapping the drive continually on a domain-joined client.  When I reboot, the drive remains disconnected.  I may not have waited long enough if you say it works but takes forever!

chrisW4
New Contributor III

I think that may be the KDC Proxy might solve this issue. But I still need to analyse how the KDC Proxy setup needs to be done in detail.

Christoph Christian
Christoph Christian
duttonkayce
New Contributor

I've been working with FortiGate's Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) to secure our network, and while it's been effective, I've encountered an issue with network drive recognition. It seems that when connecting to network drives through ZTNA, there is a significant delay before the system recognizes the drive mappings, which can be frustrating for our users.

chrisW4
New Contributor III

OK but why is this delay and how long does it take?

Christoph Christian
Christoph Christian
chrisW4
New Contributor III

Thanks I already read and configured like this.

Only question is 

How do I configure the KDC on domain controller to listen on e.g. "kdcproxy.fortitest.net"

Christoph Christian
Christoph Christian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors