Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
carrobe90
New Contributor

YouTube keeps loading and the video is not showing with a ruler in Application Control

sql.png

Good afternoon, I have a problem with my control application in which the video/audio category is prohibited, I added a rule in which I allow everything related to YouTube, but when I watch the video it stays loading and does not advance, what options should I do? apply so it can load the video normally?

10 REPLIES 10
amuda
Staff
Staff

Hi @carrobe90 ,

Does the SSL Inspection in the firewall policy that has this Application Control profile enabled set to deep-inspection?

Amerul
APAC TAC
carrobe90

@amuda , of course, look at the rule in the firewall policy, it doesn't appear blocked on forwarded traffic but yet the video doesn't start loading

sql.png

ozkanaltas

Hello @amuda ,

Do you have limitations in the web filter profile? 

When you review the security logs, what does it say?  Blocked by app control or web filter?

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
carrobe90

This is the log.

sql.png

I have it configured like this

sql.png

hbac

Hi @carrobe90,

If you are using deep inspection, your firewall policies and security profiles should be proxy-based. Also, try setting URL filter action to exempt. 

Regards, 

amuda

Try to change the Type used from Regular Expression to Wildcard:

e.g *.youtube.*

Amerul
APAC TAC
spoojary
Staff
Staff

In the URL filter change it to wildcard exempt *youtube.com*

Siddhanth Poojary
carrobe90

@spoojaryThe problem is that it does not download if I do not have the streaming media and download category active.

hamidch
New Contributor

It sounds like your application control might be blocking the specific format needed for YouTube videos to play. Even though you allowed YouTube, the issue could be with MP3 playback restrictions. Try creating a separate rule allowing MP3s specifically or adjusting the existing YouTube rule to encompass all YouTube formats, not just the video itself.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors