Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
uthankeva
New Contributor

Worth the time/effort to switch from SonicWall to FortiGate?

Just started a new job recently, they are running multiple SonicWalls that are up for renewal in November. It would be a group effort to setup/replace/manage going forward. Some of the SonicWall are going EOL so they would at least need to be replaced with a SonicWall which would be easier since we could just import config. I have done a SonicWall to FortiGate migration in the past and it took a decent amount of work to do.

Guessing this sub will be biased but any compelling reason to put in the effort rather than leaving it as is? I will also say that the others who would be managing is more familiar with SonicWall and would have to learn that so I don't want to impose something without a reason.

Tweakbox Appvalley tutuapp
2 REPLIES 2
amouawad
Staff
Staff

I'd recommend looking at the FortiConverter service which is available to migrate configurations from SonicWall to a new FortiGate. You just purchase it as a once off service when you get a new FortiGate, create a ticket with the config and the FortiConverter team will convert it to a FortiGate config.

More info can be found here: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiConverter.pdf

sfales
New Contributor II

I agree about forti-converter!  Very reasonably priced and quick turnaround.

I've used it when upgrading Fortigate models (not cross-brand, though.)

(4) - 200b' s (15) 81WiFi FAZ 400b Fmgr 100c
(4) - 200b' s (15) 81WiFi FAZ 400b Fmgr 100c
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors