Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nihas
New Contributor

Wifi Bridge Slow 5.2.1

Hi I am using 200D 5.2.1 and FAP221 B 5.2.1. It seems if there are more request to process , FAP' s are dropping the packets and the latency to the gateway is very high. ( From a wireless client machine to gateway) Normally it should be below 10ms to the gateway. But whenever I face the issue, that time the latency to the gateway is around " 2000 ms " I had FAP restart issues with 5.2.0, bud didn' t have this performance issue. But in this latest version, I haven' t faced any restart issue since the upgrade, but unfortunately encountered the performance issues. :( There is not much clients are connected to the FAP, only 10-15 clients..!! Any similar experience? Best Nihas
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
3 REPLIES 3
Fatih
New Contributor

Hi, have been used to examine the profile required. but you can use the following command. config wireless-controller wtp-profile edit " profile" set ip-fragment-preventing tcp-mss-adjust icmp-unreachable end
FCNSA / FCNSP
FCNSA / FCNSP
pcraponi
Contributor II

It' s a broadcast issue.. As a bridge, you are with Wifi and Cable users on the same VLAN, right? Try to put your wireless users on a isolated VLAN. The broadcast packets of all networks are come in Wireless and increasing your wifi queue... Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Nihas
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yea. I am using bridged network. Basically, I have restricted the streaming /downloading and most bandwidth occupying applications through UTM in office hours with an exception for 1 hour (lunchtime). And they can do streaming downloading etc during this leisure period. I am experiencing the issue only during this peak period. or sometimes when there is a high network utilization. And i have never experienced such performance issue in the previous versions even though they had some other issues ( reboot). As you suggested I will create one Tunnel mode with a different broadcast domain and will see how it works. @Faith, Thanks , Can you please bit explain what this command does to improve the performance.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors