Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Stephen_Denton
New Contributor

Web Filter User Overides has stopped working after Upgrading to 4.2.2

Just upgraded from 4.1.6 to 4.2.2 and the Web Filter User Overrides has stopped working. When a user clicks override and then accepts the certificate error (Normal Here!), the next screen titled " Web Filter Block Override" says in red " Invalid or missing web-filter profile ID in request" with no where to enter a username or password. Anyone any ideas? This is the first time I am using 4.2.? does anyone else find the new interface a little confusing? Fortigate 310B
Fortigate 310B Fortianalyzer 400B
7 REPLIES 7
cmberry
New Contributor

I dont know how to fix your problem, but I can tell you that overrides work on my 200B using 4.2.2, so it' s not something inherent in the firmware. Someone should be able to walk you thru the fix, there are alot of smart people here. You may also want to try deleting the override user group, recreating it, add back on the users, and see if this resets your ability to user overrides.
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

When a user clicks override and then accepts the certificate error (Normal Here!), the next screen titled " Web Filter Block Override" says in red " Invalid or missing web-filter profile ID in request"
Does that website use 8008/TCP port for instance? or do you have a proxy or redirect invoking that port number in some step?

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

We' ve got exactly the same issue here with our 310b. Have you made any progress or got a call logged with support?
Stephen_Denton
New Contributor

I have a solution.... it' s a known bug! Quote... The issue is related to the mantis bug 127469, which is caused by the spaces in the name of the web filter profiles. So please remove the spaces in the name of the web filter profiles should be able to fix this issue. Hope this helps others! Oh and a big thank you to the Fortigate Techie' s for resolving this issue quickly for me.
Not applicable

Much appreciated! I' d just about come to the same conclusion after days of trial and error when i saw your reply
Fullmoon
Contributor III

Running on this firmware v4.0,build0279,100519 (MR2 Patch 1) I tried to setup web filter override and I got this kind of error " Invalid or missing web-filter profile ID in request" To fix the error I changed my web profile from " user override" to " override" and everything works like a charm.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

I have this same issue after applying 4.2.3 update. The override function completely not working. Also try the suggested solution but no avail. Phuoc
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors