Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

WARNING: Firmware Template WILL apply to ALL devices, even though you only select a few!!!

Just a heads up!!

If you create a Firmware Template in FortiManger, assign multiple #FortiGates with switches, and then select Run Now, FortiManager will display a list of all devices that can be updated - al least, you are given Checkboxes to select all or some, but it will apply to ALL  in the list!!

There is no warning that it will not only apply to the Selected Devices in the list.

Why the checkboxes are even there, if they are not usable, is simply bad GUI.

Could we:

A: Removed the checkboxes, or

B: Make them usable! 

FMG: 7.4.2

Browser: Safari, macOS Sonoma

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
Jakob Peterhänsel,IT System Admin,Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

May I ask what version of FMG you're running?

Toshi

Jakob-AHHG

Just updated post, sorry: 7.4.2

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Toshi_Esumi

It didn't happen when your FMG was running 7.2.x, right?
I think I used that feature with 7.0.8 or something. But I didn't experience the problem at that time. But after upgrading 7.2.4, I haven't done any upgrade yet. That's why wondering if it would happen to 7.2.x as well.
In any case I recommend you open a ticket at TAC so that I might be able to know if it's a known issue with 7.4.2 or a new issue.

Toshi

Jakob-AHHG

It's actually been a year since our last multi-site Template Update usage, so not sure if we tried that on the former version.

Seems like other features is also very 'flaky' in Safari in FMG 7.4.2, so could be browser specific, but right now I'm not ready to test that out.. ;) 

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors