Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ememachado
New Contributor II

Viewing DHCP leases

How can I see all IPs assigned by DHCP for all Firewall vLans? I used pfSense a lot and there is an option in the Menu with DHCP leases. Is there this option in Fortigate?

EME IT Infrastructure
EME IT Infrastructure
10 REPLIES 10
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @ememachado,

You may find helpful the article https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-DHCP-address-leases-on-a-FortiGate/ta-p/19...

With the command 'execute dhcp lease-list' in CLI you should see the DHCP leases.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
ememachado

Running this command, it doesn't show all of them. I've already tried.

EME IT Infrastructure
EME IT Infrastructure
fricci_FTNT

When you say "it doesn't show all of them" do you mean that some IP within the same VLAN/subnet is missing or that some interface/VLAN is missing in the list (so no IPs are showed for that subnet)?

Which FortiGate firmware version are you running? Are you using VDOMs?

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
ememachado

It's strange... It should show everything. There are IPs in the vLans that are not listed.
FortiOS 7.0 GUI Tips and Tricks
Note: I was able to find the IP and machine I needed. So I'll take my time to see why I'm not listing it. Now I'm going to work on the machine solution. Thank you very much for now!

EME IT Infrastructure
EME IT Infrastructure
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

From CLI: exec dhcp lease-list

From GUI: Dashboard > Network, add DHCP widget, the expend it.

AEK
AEK
ememachado
New Contributor II

All vLans IPs do not appear on the Dashboard, the view is limited. Is there somewhere that shows all IPs?

EME IT Infrastructure
EME IT Infrastructure
AEK

FG GUI and CLI show all IPs assigned by FG's DHCP servers in all VLANs.

If some IP is not listed it means FG didn't assign this IP.

AEK
AEK
ememachado
New Contributor II

You are sure. I will analyze the client's network. I don't think he gave me all the information I needed about his environment. I think that in addition to FortiGate there is another DHCP there.

FortiOS 7.0 GUI Tips and Tricks
Note: I was able to find the IP and machine I needed. So I'm going to take my time to see why I'm not listing it. Now I'm going to work on the machine solution. Thank you very much for now!

EME IT Infrastructure
EME IT Infrastructure
esalija
Staff
Staff

Hi @ememachado ,

Please specify the FortiOS version that you are running.

For more details follow the doc and above KBs  - https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/38214/dhcp-monitor

Best regards,

Erlin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors