Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
emi3r
New Contributor

Very low firewall throughput on FG200D

Hi there,

According to the image I attached, when the traffic is transferred in two directions between the two server machines 1 and 2 (with the iperf tool), the share of each direction is about 400 Mbps. If the traffic is only one-way between the two servers, the speed will be around 900 Mbps. Since the connection of the servers to the firewall is full-dupex, we expect each direction to be around 900 Mbps during the two-way traffic test, which unfortunately is not the case. Policies are not contained application control , Antivirus or IPS or IDS controls. If you know the problem please tell me.

Thanks.

Amir

5 REPLIES 5
nayobi1561
New Contributor

same issue with 200D in Fortios 6.0

is that normal behaviour?

kaine_sammie

it's very weird!

I have the same problem!

because in the datasheet of 200D, they said it should be work as a full-duplex for send and receive

anyone from Fortinet can confirm this problem?

emi3r
New Contributor

I have tested another firewall with all-to-all configured policy and the result was the same. Traffic rate shows that it is not full duplex bandwidth. Such a ridiculous!

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

There are a couple of things at play here most importantly is:

What ports are being utilized for each servers connection? If you are using two ports that run of the same NPU / chips you could very well be hitting that particular chips limitation.

Another thing to consider is, are the hard drives or servers themselves possible limiting factors?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
emi3r
New Contributor

I have tested the scenario with same SRVs(See the attached image) on FG200E and the result was better. The share of each direction was about 900Mbps.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors