Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
EM_Fortiuser
New Contributor

VRRP MAC pointed to wrong port

I have having a switching/routing problem where the standalone Fortiswitch thinks the MAC for the VRRP gateway is pointed to the wrong port.  I dont have a sticky turned on but I cant remove the address. MAC Entries is empty.  Copied config from port.  The vlan 2 MAC should be pointed to the same TRK_MPLS as the rest. 

edit "MCLAG-ICL"

set native-vlan 4094

set allowed-vlans 1-4094

set dhcp-snooping trusted

set igmp-snooping-flood-reports enable

set mcast-snooping-flood-traffic enable

set snmp-index 76

So my question is how do I remove something that doesn't exist anywhere?  Support ticket opened for a month now with no resolution.  

VRRP_MACs.png

Adding switch model 1048E 

1 Solution
EM_Fortiuser
New Contributor

Thanks for the help but I was able to figure it out.

I manually entered the MAC address into the MAC Entry table which then wiped the MAC sticky session listed.  Then removed my manual entry and the switch dynamically learned the appropriate port and that vlan is now working correctly.  I believe this a result of a VRRP implementation that didnt work correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hey @EM_Fortiuser 

Can you share this from the switch

dia switch trunk list MCLAG-ICL

Thanks

EM_Fortiuser
New Contributor

Thanks for the help but I was able to figure it out.

I manually entered the MAC address into the MAC Entry table which then wiped the MAC sticky session listed.  Then removed my manual entry and the switch dynamically learned the appropriate port and that vlan is now working correctly.  I believe this a result of a VRRP implementation that didnt work correctly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors