Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chriss232
New Contributor

VPN from within an Remote Session?

I'm working from Home and have a smallish HP Laptop. The screen is not the best. I also have an 27" iMac. I now use Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to the Win10 Laptop - NOW I need to connect the Laptop to the corp Network. For this we use Forticlient VPN... but when I want to start it, it always tells me that it cannot be started, as there is another user logged into the system.

When I use something like Google Remote Desktop, which is just mirroring the tiny laptop screen it's working.

Any Ideas?

Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl/
1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

well that's actually the difference between the google tool and ms rdp. The google tool just mirors the screen while rdp will start a user session. Since Desktop windows only accepts one session per pc that would log you out of the laptop if you carried on after the message that there is annother user logged on. Since that user is you the rdp will adopt that session then on the mac. Only Windows server allows more than one simultaneous session. 

So you cannot use the mac as 2nd screen with rdp...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors