Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Falcon
New Contributor II

VPN Setup for FortiOS 4.0

Hey Everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up VPN access from the FortiClient app to our old FortiGate 80c but I'm having serious trouble with it. I've tried mimicking a dozen different articles/videos but I've not been able to come up with anything that gets the job done. I don't care if it is SSL or IPsec at this point, I simply want to be able to remotely access the shared folders on our network through a connection from the FortiClient application to our FortiGate firewall.

So far I've been able to at least get a connection established by using SSL but I've not been able to ping any of the machines on the network let alone see their shares. I've not been able to establish an IPsec connection at all, and believe me, I've tried. I do have a little experience with IPSec by now and I've been able to successfully establish a site-to-site connection between 5 different Fortigate firewalls (each a different model and version of FortiOS) in different locations, this one included. I see that there are similarities between site-to-site and FortiClient to FortiGate but it's the differences that are messing with me.

Would anyone be willing to walk me through the process of setting up VPN access while keeping in mind that this is the older 4.0 OS? I've barely been able to find anything that shows how to maneuver through the GUI on 4.0 and trying to adapt directions from the newer versions of FortiOS has not been successful on my part. This would partially be because most of them use Wizards that I've not been able to find on 4.0.

I've already got a user group setup with these options selected: Type: Firewall, Allow SSL-VPN Access "Full-Access".

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors