Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
unknown1020
New Contributor III

VPN SSL access problems

friends can you help me with this query please:
I have been reported a user who accesses the VPN and cannot access internal company resources.

I have reviewed the logs and it is not observed blocking by the firewall (policy violation), I see that there is traffic but the action that is shown in the logs are:
* close
*timeout
*client-rst
* accept
What would be the reasons why the firewall has this action?

The internal ips are within the access policy and within the ssl portal. Also all the ports are "all", so I wouldn't know what the problem would be

1 REPLY 1
kiri
Staff
Staff

Hi there,

* close
*timeout
*client-rst
* accept

These actions are also part of normal operation, they don't necessarily indicate an issue.
Need to correlate some more outputs in order to determine if these events are an issue.

Please follow these troubleshooting steps:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.13/administration-guide/993282/troubleshooting-comm...

If none of this helps, I would run the following debug on the firewall and filter for a src ip/dst ip/dst port.
This should show what is happening to the traffic.
I would also do a wireshark pcap on the client, that might help to see potential network/latency issues.

diag debug reset
diag debug app sslvpn -1
diag debug flow filter addr <CLIENT-IP-ADD>
and/or
diag debug flow filter daddr <DST-RESOURCE-IP>
and/or
diag debug flow filter daddr dport <RESOURCE-DST-PORT>
diag debug console timestamp enable
diag debug flow show iprope enable
diag debug flow show function-name enable
diag debug enable
diag debug flow trace start 1000