Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ddemland
New Contributor II

VLAN and DHCP Not Working

I am new to Fortinet but I have a strong Cisco background. We are looking at replacing our Cisco 891W with a Fortigate 60D. I am working in a lab trying to get the device configured. In Cisco I can set the DHCP on the VLAN and all devices being tagged for that VLAN can gets its IP from the VLAN DHCP, this does not seem to work on the 60D. I have attached a screenshot of the interfaces from the 60D. When the DHCP is configured on the interface I can get an IP on a connected PC, but when I configure the DHCP on the VLAN the PC cannot get an IP. I can see the DHCP request from the PC, using WireShark, and the 60D shows the DHCP request on it, however, the DHCP packet is not tagged with the VLAN and there is no IP return. Looking at the picture of the interfaces it shows that the Voice VLAN is a subinterface to the internal2 interface. Should the DHCP packet get the VLAN tag added to it since the PC is connected to the internal2 port?

I am assuming that the 60D works like Cisco in that it tags all the traffic on internal2 port with the voice VLAN. Have I missed something?

Thank You,

David

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors