Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
romank
New Contributor III

VDI Horizon Behind FortiADC - Random Disconnects

Hello,

I know that such topic can be very difficult to troubleshoot (I do it already),

but I just lookig for a hint, maybe I'm missing something, maybe someone struggled already and have had fix it.

The point is that, We are using VDI solution from VMware - Horizon, and After user esteblished session, it randomly gets disconnections - remote sessions from RDP got closed. It may happen after 10h or, 2h or 4h or sometimes 5min.

It happend regardles if you doint somrthing on RDP or not. For my session i have setup KeepAlive powershell script to not "timeout" session ;)

So first, I did run Wireshark on Client endpoint, to see when it happen or rather what packets will show.

It shows a few Restransmissions, Connection resets etc.

an example is below. At the end, it seems like the reset connection comes from FortiADC, which may suggest that there is a problem with LLB, but I know its not accurate, cuz there is NATing etc and I just see the result, not actual source :)

Did anyone have had such issue?

First pic i notice that something happen with transmission.

Second pic is just continuinty of transmission

Third the connetion is done - No RDP any more, meaning Randomly shutdown.

1.png

2.png

3.png

rkr
rkr
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello rkr,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello rkr,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
gsharma
Staff
Staff

Hello Romank,

Is it Possible to provide the topology setup and what's the route method and Persistance method used in the FortiADC config. ?

Gaurav Sharma
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors