Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Moataz
New Contributor

Users Number of Sessions

Greetings,

i have Fortigate 200E installed in my network i started to make authenticated users so that they can log in 

but i found out that 1 user can be logged in by many people i don't want that i want 1 unique user for each user that can be only log in 1 session only not multiple sessions .

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

if one user account is misused by many people, then simply change user's password to prevent others then rightfull account owner from access. And tell the owner that next spotted account sharing will lead to account ban/block.

Alternatively you may be able to apply session or IP based NTLM. Or even IP based FSSO authentication,  so user authentication will be gathered/done on back-end without user's ability to override/change (without significant amount of effort to do so). And so users might get authorized to access some resources even without knowledge that their actions are logged and monitored and can be accounted.

Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a parameter in FortiOS called "auth_concurrent" or the like, depending on your version.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors