Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Khan-qureshi
New Contributor

Unable to ping from Local-PC to router's interface

Hi. I am Practicing a simple Lab in which I am using a FortiGate Firewall. The Topology is pasted Below;

I created a policy on firewall to allow ping from local-PC to e0/1 interface of router. I have configured FortiGate interfaces, done static routing on both firewall and on Router. I also created a policy on FortiGate to allow access but still I am unable to ping. What can be the reason??

paint-1.jpg

image.jpg

Khanafsar
Khanafsar
25 REPLIES 25
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Can be a routing issue.

Or can also because e01 and e00 or r3 have the same IP. Try fix it, then if the issue persist share the routing tables of pc, routers and FG.

AEK
AEK
Khan-qureshi

router-r3.jpg

fortigate.jpg

Khanafsar
Khanafsar
Khan-qureshi

firewall-routing-table.jpg

Khanafsar
Khanafsar
AEK

Can you also share routing table of local-pc and internal router?

AEK
AEK
Khan-qureshi

INTERNAL is not a router. its a layer-2 switch just used for connectivity. However, routing table of PC is attached. 

pc-route.jpg

Khanafsar
Khanafsar
srajeswaran

From PC are you able to ping 10.0.1.254?
From Fortigate are you able to ping 10.200.2.254 and 10.200.1.254?
From R3 are you able to ping 10.200.2.1 and 10.200.1.1?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Khan-qureshi

From PC are you able to ping 10.0.1.254?   Yes
From Fortigate are you able to ping 10.200.2.254 and 10.200.1.254? (Yes i can ping these interfaces)
From R3 are you able to ping 10.200.2.1 and 10.200.1.1? yes

Khanafsar
Khanafsar
Khan-qureshi

PC-ping.jpg

fortigate-ping.jpg

Khanafsar
Khanafsar
srajeswaran

As suggested by AEK try removing the default route via 19.168.44.1 or add a specific route towards 10.200.2.0/24 and 10.200.1.0.24 subnets via 10.0.1.254 and check.

If the issue is still not fixed, please collect below output from FGT while ping from PC is running to see if the packet reaches FGT or not.

diag sniffer packet any "host 10.0.1.10 and proto 1" 4 10

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors