Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AUT_Maverick
New Contributor III

Unable to connect Fortiguard Servers

I have a problem that i can't connect to the fortiguard servers. Ping to service.fortiguard.net, update.fortiguard.net and guard.fortinet.net works. I also tryed to change the porst like some articles described me to do it. But i can't solve the problem with this guides. Can you help me?

Pic1.PNGPic2.PNG

HUVA
HUVA
1 Solution
carlosaleman

You need to add a web filter profile to any firewall policy, even to a test one in order to "diagnose debug rating" command can show some results. Please add it and try again.

Also please confirm, as Rajneesh asked, if you are using SDWAN. Also if your fortigate is behind another Fortigate, Firewall, Balancer, etc.

Thanks

Fortigate, VoIP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to run the commands below in order to debug FortiGuard connectivity:

diagnose debug application update -1
diagnose debug enable

execute update-now

FortiGate
AUT_Maverick

Hi

how can i send you the logs?

BR

HUVA
HUVA
Rajneesh
Staff
Staff
AUT_Maverick

I have already walked through to this guide. But it didn't helped me

HUVA
HUVA
Rajneesh

Hi @AUT_Maverick 
Please share the output of the commands :
diagnose debug rating
Also is the SD-WAN is configured on the fortigate ?
If yes did you tried changing the interface-select-method under the Fortiguard settings ?

AUT_Maverick

Hello!

Attached the screenshot.

pic3.PNG

HUVA
HUVA
carlosaleman

You need to add a web filter profile to any firewall policy, even to a test one in order to "diagnose debug rating" command can show some results. Please add it and try again.

Also please confirm, as Rajneesh asked, if you are using SDWAN. Also if your fortigate is behind another Fortigate, Firewall, Balancer, etc.

Thanks

Fortigate, VoIP
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors