Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
slouw
Contributor

Unable to add my active ISP WAN interface as SD_WAN Member to a SD_ZONE - Part 2

Greetings

Any idea how I can get wan interface to be selectable for my SD-WAN Zone?

Hardware = 40F

When I go Network > SD-WAM > my-sdwan-zone > EDIT > Interface Members

I do not see the entry that I want to add (wan interface)

I know from this post Unable...Part I that "there is some reference to it that still exists".

This Tech Note explains how to check for such references which I have done see below:

1. wan physical interface
  2. wan physical interface GUI reference count is 0
  3. wan physical interface CLI reference appear to be 0 (got no output)
  4. lan physical interface (for comparison)
  5. lan physical interface GUI reference count is 2
  6. lan physical interface CLI reference appear to be 1 (so far as i can see)

2023-10-06 10h14m53s75 Post 2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi Slouw,

I understand that you are not able to add the WAN interface to your SD-WAN Zone in Fortigate from GUI.

Please refer to this link and try to add it from the CLI and let us know if that works:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/942095/sd-wan-members-and-zo...

BR,

Manosh

slouw

Thanks I have tried another box in the event and it worked out

If I get to log on to the original problem box I will check it out as a matter of interest

Much appreciate your help and from @hbac / @esalija as well thank you

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @slouw,

Please try Network > SD-WAM > my-sdwan-zone > EDIT > Interface Members > Create > Select wan and put Gateway IP > Click OK. After that, you should be alble to add wan to Interface members. 

Regards, 

esalija
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please can you tell us on which FortiOS version are you running?

Best regards,

Erlin

slouw

Thanks @esalija  - v7.0.11 build0489 (Mature)

VinayHM
Staff
Staff

Hi @slouw 

Please follow this document, we can add an interface without deleting any references.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-add-the-interface-in-SD-WAN-member-...

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

Vinay HM
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors