Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ashokkumarl
New Contributor

Tunnel Interface Utilization: Wrong Bandwidth usage Alerts

Hi,

Recently i have been facing issues with IPSec tunnel interface utilization Alerts, Its showing values more than 1000% some times it gives more than 100000%. Interface Usage. When i check through Interface Usage Widget in fortigate it showing high data usage, Like 12Gbps in a 2 Mbps Link. Please suggest to resolve this to get actual usage alerts in IPsec Tunnel interfaces. 

Thanks

Ashok Kumar

3 REPLIES 3
Jeroen
Contributor

I have the same problem. But it exsitst from version 5.0.x until now it is not a new bug/feature. I would sugest to use a monitoring tool for monitoring VPN interfaces and not the widget. One some models the widget application is even crashing or using high CPU when using that widget. So i try to avoid that wiget and get actauel bandwith by SNMP.

ashokkumarl

Hi Jeroen,

I am using Whatsup Glod for SNMP monitoring. I am getting same alerts through SNMP also. 

Jeroen
Contributor

We use N-Central for monitoring and we don't have problems with monitoring the VPN IPsec interface and speed. Zabbix is also a tool i use and that works also without any problems.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors