Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
m3ds0
New Contributor III

Transfering device to new Account with subscription

Hi mates,

I want to transfer one of my devices to another account but there's a question, what happens to my currently activated subscription?

I mean the device have 2 years subscription (Antivirus, IPS, ...) when i transfer device to new account, are the license/subscription gonna transfers to the new account?

Or it is bundled to the device's serial number and not depends on account?

They say the empty can rattles the most!
1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @m3ds0 ,

My friend just answered to me. He said yes, the device was transferred with licenses. He made this transfer via open to the customer services team.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
5 REPLIES 5
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @m3ds0 ,

As far as I know, all licenses activated on the Device serial number are transferred with the device.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
m3ds0
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

I think same as you but didn't found any documents for this topic and it would be nice if someone have experience to avoid device functionality or license problem!

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @m3ds0,I understand your concern. You can create a case to customer services tells your concern. They can transfer your unit with license. In my opinion, thats way safest way. Btw, i asked to my friend who transfer his unit close time. He didn't aswer to me yet. As soon as he answer to me, i will inform to you.

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @m3ds0 ,

My friend just answered to me. He said yes, the device was transferred with licenses. He made this transfer via open to the customer services team.

m3ds0
New Contributor III

Thank you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors