Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
okomo
New Contributor

Time to upgrade to 7.2.x branch?

I am running the latest 7.0.x branch ( currently 7.0.14 ) on all my firewalls, though I am seeing that the 7.0.x branch is going End of Engineering Support at the end of this month.

Is it time to move on to the 7.2.x branch and what is everyone else doing?

omegle xender
2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @okomo , 

I think you can upgrade your firewall to the 7.2.x branch. A lot of users use the 7.2 branch now. 

But before the upgrade, you should read the release note. If some bug affects you, you can wait a bit more.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @okomo,

Yes, it is going to be End of Engineering Support at the end of this month. However, 7.0.15 is coming in the beginning of April. You can choose to stay with 7.0.15 for a while and go to 7.2.x after that or upgrade to 7.2.8 now. 7.2.8 is also a mature and stable version. It is recommended to go through the release notes before upgrading. 

Regards, 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors