Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fatboydrunk
New Contributor

Time quotas on web filtering

I am testing time quotas with youtube but it doesn' t seem to work very well. I set the time quota to 30 minutes but was able to use youtube for 2 hours before it was blocked. Does anyone use time quotas that can give me some advice?
4 REPLIES 4
Fatih
New Contributor

Hi, What is firmware version ?
FCNSA / FCNSP
FCNSA / FCNSP
Fatboydrunk
New Contributor

The unit is a Fortigate 100D Running Firmware v5.0 Build 4429
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Our company doesn' t use quotas, but reading the info from the 4.1/4.2/4.3 admin guides, I get the impression that the quota implementation is a bit limited/flakey (IMHO). There is an " hard forced session close" option you can enable on the firewall policy that you can enable from the CLI. Edit: The above option (and quotas for that matter) may not work properly for youtube unless the Fortigate device is able to perform " Deep" packet inspection if users are connecting via HTTPS to youtube; if you use the search link at top of this page, you can see the various " problems" (and possible solutions) trying to block/restrict/control youtube access.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
kevlarit
New Contributor II

Had the same problem when setting streaming media quotas. I did have to set deep packet SSL inspection but the key was to enable the schedule-timeout on the firewall policy as Dave mentioned.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors