Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DarkForti
New Contributor

TFTP Server Option150

Hello, 

I am did the following on my of the DHCP Scope I created and it links to our TFTP server for Cisco Phone 

Currently on the phone it picks up the DHCP and TFTP Server but on the firewall 

config system dhcp server

edit 3

set forticlient-on-net-status disable

set default-gateway 10.15.x.x

set netmask 255.255.255.0

set interface "port36"

config ip-range

edit 1

set start-ip 10.15.x.x

set end-ip 10.15.x.x

next

end

set timezone-option default

set option1 150 'IP HEX OF MY ' 

set dns-server1 X.X.X.X

set dns-server2 X.X.X.X

set netmask X.X.X.X

next

end

10 REPLIES 10
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Are you saying "a firewall", in addition to Cisco Phones, is in the same DHCP scope as a client and supposed to pull TFTP server IP via Option 150? I thought Option 150 was Cisco proprietary. All of other devices I know use Option 66 instead.

DarkForti

Toshi - Basically what happen is a created a Voice DHCP for the Cisco 7960G

It will get the DHCP IP but cannot find the TFTP Server - I have to add the Option 150 for the phone to pickup a TFTP Server

So have anyone setup a Fortigate that talks back to Call Manager for the Cisco phone to register ? I know it works if I add the TFTP address manually on the phone - but what happens If i am setting up a office with a Cisco Switch..

Currently right now the firewall log is saying the SCCP is timing out

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Toshi_Esumi

Did you convert the IP address from the dotted-decimal notation to a binary value before converting it to HEX? That's a common mistake I found even some config discussions on the internet. Cisco phones expect binary IP address instead of ASCII format of dotted decimal notation. We had the same problem when we started deploying FG60D to our Cisco phone customers.

DarkForti

yep that is how i got that number we on the same page LOL 

Can you show me some of your sample config for your if possible...

Toshi_Esumi

Below is what I put on our internal wiki to deploy. We use vlan2 for "voice" interface. It's working.

config system dhcp server
edit 2
set default-gateway x.x.x.0
set netmask 255.255.255.0
set interface "voice"
config ip-range
edit 1
set start-ip x.x.x.1
set end-ip x.x.x.249
next
end
set option1 150 '45aabf06' <--Note1
set option2 66 '45aabf06'
set dns-server1 69.28.97.4 <--Note2
set dns-server2 69.28.104.5 <--Note2
next
end

Note1: '45aabf06' is a binary value of the IP address "69.170.191.6".

Note2: To be able to configure DNS server IPs, you need to configure "set dns-service specify" first.

DarkForti
New Contributor

Hello Toshi - so basically when i give the Cisco 7960G a Voice DHCP - the TFTP on the physical phone will never register with the Cisco TFTP Server 

So I found on a forum to convert the TFTP IP to Hex Address so I added this line 

set option1 150 'IP HEX OF MY ' 

Now the phone boots up and picks up the TFTP but I have another issue where SCCP is being block even though it is enable. Firewall Log keeps saying it times out ...

That is why I am curious if anyone have gotten the Cisco phone to register back with CUCM ...

Also have anyone verify if the POE ports on the 140D can power on a Cisco phone? I know Airtight you can.. 

DarkForti
New Contributor

still timing out  - did you have to specify anything in service? and firewall ?

My in and out basically is very basic that can talk to everything on the network....

The Advance DHCP has the list TFTP any suggestion ?

Routing, etc i need to do and i assume your dhcp is from the fortinet device itself ? I still need to figure out how to DHCP using our DC for DHCP Scope (the relay I tried does not seem to work)...

Toshi_Esumi

DHCP service doesn't require any policy. If you configure it as shown the exact info should go out through the interface. If you have doubt, you can set up a mirror port(SPAN) and hook up a laptop to sniff the DHCP handshake packets.

I would also recommend you compare this with any Cisco router's DHCP if you have any. My guess is the cisco phones don't work even with a Cisco router. Beyond that you probably you need to ask at Cisco's forum or somewhere.

DarkForti

One last question Toshi - did you have to do any static rout to your CUCM Call Manager ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors