Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lucascat
New Contributor III

System link-monitor is not working after 5.6.11 upgrade

System link-monitor is not working as expected. When the gateway ping comes back up, the routes remains down anyway. I have to disable and re-enable link-monitor for that interface.

I have an open case with Fortinet

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I found a forum post referring the very same bug in v.5.2. So looks like if Fortinet brought back an old old bug in 5.6.11 :\

As back in 5.2 executig "exec router restart" temporarily fixes it until the next WAN outage.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
21 REPLIES 21
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I found a forum post referring the very same bug in v.5.2. So looks like if Fortinet brought back an old old bug in 5.6.11 :\

As back in 5.2 executig "exec router restart" temporarily fixes it until the next WAN outage.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
tioeudes
Contributor

Same thing here. It happened before when upgraded from 5.2 to 5.4.

As usual, nothing on the release notes.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors