Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lucascat
New Contributor III

System link-monitor is not working after 5.6.11 upgrade

System link-monitor is not working as expected. When the gateway ping comes back up, the routes remains down anyway. I have to disable and re-enable link-monitor for that interface.

I have an open case with Fortinet

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I found a forum post referring the very same bug in v.5.2. So looks like if Fortinet brought back an old old bug in 5.6.11 :\

As back in 5.2 executig "exec router restart" temporarily fixes it until the next WAN outage.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
21 REPLIES 21
sw2090
Honored Contributor

New Info I just received from TAC:

"Just a quick update - this bug has been escalated by internal management to be backported to be fixed in 5.6 There hasn't been any confirmation whether or not this has been approved, but I wanted to inform you from our end we are trying to make this happen."

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
kphed
New Contributor III

sw2090 wrote:

New Info I just received from TAC:

"Just a quick update - this bug has been escalated by internal management to be backported to be fixed in 5.6 There hasn't been any confirmation whether or not this has been approved, but I wanted to inform you from our end we are trying to make this happen."

We heard something similar from our TAM as well.  Now, the wait begins...

dschinnis

Did anyone hear something about this? Still existing in 5.6.12....

sw2090
Honored Contributor

did not yet get any update on this from TAC.

It is fixed in 6.0.x or newer though...

-- 

kphed
New Contributor III

Fortinet released a special build for v5.6.11 (build 3955) that resolves the link-monitor bug.  Available per request for all currently supported devices on v5.6.x.

dschinnis

@muhkida I just opened a Web Chat Support and the Supporter couldn´t find this "special build". Do you have any idea what to tell them, so they will find this release?

kphed
New Contributor III

dschinnis wrote:

@muhkida I just opened a Web Chat Support and the Supporter couldn´t find this "special build". Do you have any idea what to tell them, so they will find this release?

Chat Support is generally a dead-end road for anything technical.  I recommend creating a TAC ticket requesting v5.6.11_build3955.

network
New Contributor

I am seeing the same issue in 6.4.0. Any solution for this?

HQ1 # diag sys virtual-wan-link health-check Health Check(Default_DNS): Health Check(Default_Office_365): Health Check(Default_Gmail): Health Check(Default_AWS): Health Check(Default_Google Search): Health Check(Default_FortiGuard): Health Check(B1): Seq(1 HQ_VPN1): state(alive), packet-loss(0.000%) latency(1.587), jitter(0.278) sla_map=0x1 Seq(2 HQ_VPN2): state(dead), packet-loss(100.000%) sla_map=0x0

cofounder

my FG is 800C, i can confirm this issue still happen after upgrade to 5.6.14

if you have older FG that cannot upgrade to 6.4 or newer, the only option for you is downgrade to 5.6.10

and if you have this issue, you dont have to reboot the FG, just re-add the interface in the sd-wan that have connection issue. FG will automatically re-add new static route. it save more time than reboot and if youre user still have internet connection, they still get the internet connection

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Maybe it could be some kind of workaround to disable the autmatic routing update in the health check settings. Then the routes would not go down on case of outage. The question on this would then be what happens to sdwan traffic then?

-- 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors