Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rezafathi
Contributor II

Swdan not working anymore

Hi

We havr swdan with 2 wan links. Everything was ok until our isp changed our default gateway and we had to change it on our sdwan interface too,but after that internet is not working nad also we have to disable wan1 port in sdwan in order to have internet on wan2. What is the problem?

Reza F.
Reza F.
9 REPLIES 9
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Depends on many, many factors.  Do you have an ARP entry for the ISP gateway?  What does your ISP say?  Does your ISP have an ARP entry for the FortiGate?

rezafathi

I can ping gateway but isp can not ping my wan interface.

Reza F.
Reza F.
adambomb1219

Do you have Ping enabled on the WAN interface?

rezafathi

Yes. But can not ping it from outside. This is a weird situation because both links were working before changing wan1 default gateway in sdwan. Please help me bacause our company's main wan link is down and caused us lots of problem.

Reza F.
Reza F.
adambomb1219

It sounds like you have a misconfigured route for WAN1 to me

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @rezafathi

If wan1 doesn't work, it should failover to wan2 automatically. Please make sure you have performance SLA configured so that next time, it will failover without disabling wan1. 

For the new default gateway, make sure there is an arp entry and try to ping it. 

# get system arp 

# exec ping x.x.x.x

Regards, 

rezafathi

Yes there is an arp entry gor new gateway and i can ping that.

Reza F.
Reza F.
hbac

Hi @rezafathi,

You are able to reach the default gateway. Let's try to ping 8.8.8.8. 

# exec ping-option reset

# exec ping-options interface wan1 

# exec ping 8.8.8.8

# exec ping 1.1.1.1

If it doesn't work, most likely ISP issue. Reboot ISP router will be the first thing I'd try. 

Regard, 

rezafathi

8.8.8.8 not work. I connectd a laptop directly to the lan port of poe adapter of antenna and it worked but it did not work with firewall.

Reza F.
Reza F.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors