Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vladxxx
New Contributor II

Strange forticlient behavior with MacOS

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with Forticlient when I use it from MacOS (Sonoma). It was ok earlier (with Ventura) but because I tried to debug some another strange IPSec VPN issue, I had to uninstall it (using the official method) and install an older version. Since then when I press connect button for my SSL VPN it seems Forticlient is freezes (stuck in connecting phase) and the disconnect button also not working, so I have to shutdown Forticlient.... Unfortunately due to Fortinet strange policy, support can't help (forticlient-vpn is not covered by support contract), so all my hope is in this community :) Have you ever seen something like this? Any suggestion to fix?

Thanks

L:

1 Solution
Umer221
Staff
Staff

Try installing an older version of FortiClient 6.0 range

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Kagemaru
New Contributor

Have the same problem with 7.2.2 on sonoma 14.1

Umer221
Staff
Staff

FortiClient may not be reaching FortiGate. Have you tried to install a newer version from Fortinet support site?

https://support.fortinet.com/welcome/#/

Kagemaru

Still not working

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Which version did you install now?

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Try uninstalling FortiClient completely following the instructions in this article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-uninstall-FortiClient-on-macOS/ta-p...

Then install 7.2.2 version from the support site.

Kagemaru

Allready tried this but still not working.

Always freeze after clicking on connect.

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Can you run the following commands on FortiGate CLI and then try connecting again after you have run the commands:

diag debug reset  

diagnose debug application fnbamd 255 

diagnose debug application sslvpn -1 

diagnose debug application samld -1 

diagnose debug console timestamp enable 

diagnose debug enable 

Do you see any traffic being generated?

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Additionally, run the sniffer separately on a different CLI window:
diag sniffer packet any "host <FortiClient Public IP Address>" 4 0 l

Once you run the above sniffer command, try connecting again to see if traffic is hitting FortiGate interface or not.

Kagemaru

No traffic. We have 30 Macbooks and every with sonoma 14.1 and forticlient 7.2.2 is not working.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors