Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sendtomela
New Contributor

Status LED not being "On" after upgrade FortiOS to 7.2.8M

Hello,

I noticed that my 60F 's Status LED not being "On"  after upgrade FortiOS to 7.2.8M.

It was on while the FW is on 7.0.14M

While the LED is off, everything seems working as expected.

I am not sure if it is because of the design/feature change, or if it is a BUG?

Anyone else faced the same issue?

Thanks

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @sendtomela ,

I think it's a bug. When I reviewed the release notes for version 7.2.8, this was among the resolved bugs. But it looks like it didn't apply to your device. Also, in my opinion, this is an unimportant detail.

If you can, can you turn your fortigate off and on again? Because in the error detail it is said that it is triggered when it is restarted.

887940:Status light is not showing on the FortiGate 60F or 100F after a cold and warm reboot.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.8/fortios-release-notes/289806/resolved-issues

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @sendtomela ,

I think it's a bug. When I reviewed the release notes for version 7.2.8, this was among the resolved bugs. But it looks like it didn't apply to your device. Also, in my opinion, this is an unimportant detail.

If you can, can you turn your fortigate off and on again? Because in the error detail it is said that it is triggered when it is restarted.

887940:Status light is not showing on the FortiGate 60F or 100F after a cold and warm reboot.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.8/fortios-release-notes/289806/resolved-issues

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
sendtomela

Hello,

thanks for letting me know it is a bug, after shutdown—》poweroff —> power on did the trick,  ow the status led is On . Thank you.

Rajan_kohli
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Bud id 887940 will be resolved in FortiOS 7.2.9

Regards

Rajan Kohli
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors