Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Static route to subnet over IPSEC VPN

Hello everybody. i dom' t know if this is the right section or if the topic is better placed in the routing category. i hope someone could help me with a problem that is driving me crazy. I successfully established an IPSec site-to-site VPN with two FortiGates. They connect a remote office to our home office. The VPN is working fine without problems. Site A (Main Office): Network: 172.16.2.0/24 Site B (Remote Office) Network: 172.16.8.0/24 Now i have an additional networkt behind site A (10.1.1.0/24). I want to access this subnet from Site B, but i can' t find the solution to do this. I tried it with static routes on the Forti on Site B. But no way. Can somebody help me with this issue? Thanks in advance. Dany from BE
1 REPLY 1
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Make sure the additional net is in Phase 2 Selectors (either 0/0 or two phase 2s) have the same setting mirrored on both end of the tunnel Have a policy allowing the traffic. (When interface based both directions) Make sure the 10.1.1.0/24 has a route back to site B (have a route to the fortigate) and when having interface based a route to the tunnel on site B. Should be no problem
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors