Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
orio76
New Contributor

Start-IP can not be 0

Hey guys,

I'm facing an issue that I'm not sure if is my mistake or what, I hope you can give me an hand on this.

So I'm installing a new FG with version 7.2.6 using fortimanager and I'm getting a error that I didn't saw last time we installed a FG (was in version 7.0.x) also using fortimanager.

We use address objects and groups for the RFC1918 and now with it seems that we can't have the 0.0.0.0-9.255.255.255 range anymore since the FG says that "start-ip can not be 0", well sure let's change the address object, but I can't because "Could not change assigned objs"...

Well that object is part of a group, and that group is being used, but if I try to remove the group from the address object nothing happens, I mean, the group is still there.

I changed the IP on the global ADOM but didn't help.

So I'm left with a catch 22.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the address object is a global one, that's why I though updating the global one would fix this.

Best Regards

1 Solution
orio76
New Contributor

Thank EAK for you reply but I don't see who that could fix the problem.

We solve it by removing all the "global header" polices and simple create them on the root ADOM since we don't use the global ADOM anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

As a quick solution I'd remove the FGT from FMG control, change the config, then put it back under FMG control.

AEK
AEK
orio76
New Contributor

Thank EAK for you reply but I don't see who that could fix the problem.

We solve it by removing all the "global header" polices and simple create them on the root ADOM since we don't use the global ADOM anyway.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors