Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
forti123
New Contributor II

Stable Firmware Version for FortiGate Firewall

Hello All,

what is the Stable and Free of Bug Firmware for FortiGate 100F-Series and 401F-Series FortiGate Firewall.

we have purchased these Series and want to bring it up to the production network.

currently I upgrade to 7.0.11

looking for your nice comments on this 

7 REPLIES 7
Christian_89
Contributor III

Hello

7.2.4 I use on 130 Fortigate from 40F to 1800F without error.

forti123
New Contributor II

but 7.2.4 and 7.4.0 are the new releases it has any security issues or not?

Christian_89

What security problems are you talking about?

adambomb1219
Contributor III

Latest 7.0.  "bug free" is not a real term with any software product

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

7.0.11 is a good choice as it is the latest in the 7.0 release chain and expected to include the fix for bugs reported in earlier versions of 7.0.

As adambomb1219 mentioned, bug free is not an ideal with any softaware product, the recommendation is to go through the release notes (especially the known issues section) to check if there are any bugs related to any feature you are using.

For example, if your setup is in HA, please check if there are any bugs in HA section that could possibly affect your devices and then take the decision.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.11/fortios-release-notes/236526/known-issues

As per 7.0.11 release notes the only known issue reported under HA is 810286, related to FGSP. If you are not using FGSP then you don't have to worry about this bug. Similarly we need to go through all other bugs (may be the release notes of 7.0.10 and 7.0.9 as well).

HA

Bug ID

Description

FGSP local sessions exist after rebooting an HA pair with A-P mode, and the HW SSE/session count is incorrect.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Now we have a recommended release page. We hope this will help with future upgrades.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Recommended-Release-for-FortiOS/ta-p/22717...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

code2005
New Contributor

Hi guys, please I need firmare for my old fortinet 110 c can you help me
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors