Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
syu
New Contributor III

[Solved]Multiple admin accounts for one vdom with wildcard password via Radius?

I have five vdoms on 1500D unit and I need to add different administrators into each vdom for management via radius and wildcard password. Is this possible with FortiOS 5.2?

I added radius server as the authentication server and then created user group to include that server.

I then go to Global->Admin->Administrators to create new administrator. On the page,

1. I entered administrator username, which matches the radius record

2. I Selected Remote as the Type

3. I checked Wildcard

4. I selected profile as prof_admin

5. I selected corresponding VDOM and User group.

All good, right? Then I go ahead to create a second administrator for the same vdom, I cannot check the Wildcard box...

Is this a bug OR it is the limitation?

1 Solution
syu
New Contributor III

I was confused by the Wildcard option when creating administrator accounts for each vdom via Radius. I think the documents should clearly say “Administrator field on Web UI when creating the administrator does not need to match the username when using Remote Radius server and wildcard enabled”. Also I thought that Wildcard option is only there so I do not have to specify the radius password when adding to Fortigate…

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
syu
New Contributor III

I was confused by the Wildcard option when creating administrator accounts for each vdom via Radius. I think the documents should clearly say “Administrator field on Web UI when creating the administrator does not need to match the username when using Remote Radius server and wildcard enabled”. Also I thought that Wildcard option is only there so I do not have to specify the radius password when adding to Fortigate…

jodros
New Contributor

Did you find a way to select the wildcard field for multiple administrator groups?  I have it selected for my super_admin group, but I need to create a tier 1 admin group with limited privileges and I cannot figure out how to enable the wildcard.

Thanks

pkc
New Contributor

I'm still interested with an answer to this question.

Thanks.

gmiretzky
New Contributor

Why this is mark as solved? Anyone found a solution for creating multiple wildcard admin accounts ?

andygfunk

I mistakenly marked the first reply as helpful, which it was not. Sadly my post are just as clueless. I cannot understand how they have not implemented the ability to use more than 1 LDAP/RADIUS wildcard admin for granular access. Right now I'm stuck with using named users for Superadmin access.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Sadly this is not a bug

1: you can't have multiple "*" admin accounts  in just one vdom

2: you can make multiple  AAA servers ( TACACS RADIUS LDAP ) and have a auth-server per-vdom

3: You can craft  multiple "*" ( one per vdom ) with a unique AAA server for that vdom with different keys for example

FWSJCCA01 (root) # show user tacacs+ config user tacacs+     edit "AAAroot"         set server "10.4.2.2"         set key Ms3edj*ikl;         set authorization enable         set source-ip 10.1.8.100     next end FWSJCCA01 (root) # next FWSJCCA01 (vdom) # edit CUST6 current vf=CUST6:7 FWSJCCA01 (CUST6) # show user tacacs+ config user tacacs+     edit "AAAntesp"         set server "192.168.10.11"         set key  mybasKed         set authorization enable         set source-ip 192.168.19.100     next end

and in each vdom you craft a wildcard and ensure the user_group is  configured in that SPECIFIC vdom

edit "wildcard"         set remote-auth enable         set accprofile "super_admin"         set comments "TAC_AAA_ACS"         set vdom "CUST6"         set wildcard enable         set remote-group "CUST6GRP"         set accprofile-override enable     next

What are you trying to do?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
andygfunk

Hi,

I'm trying to use two different AD groups for granual access. One group with admin rights and one read only analyst group. Both these groups needs access to all VDOMs.

I'm also trying to do the same on fortianalyzer, but the same problem exists there.

pcraponi

andygfunk wrote:

Right now I'm stuck with using named users for Superadmin access.

You can use RADIUS attributes "Fortinet-Access-Profile" profile name by user

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=13837

Regards,

Paulo R.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You can map group membership in  tacacs and set accprofiles also. This is how we do it we have   accessprofiles for level1 level2 level3 with various  access  ( RO RW+RO and RW ) and when the user is checked against MS/AD t he grioup query is given to the cisco ACS that set the accessprofile for the TACACS_client ( FGT or FAZ )

It's quite simple and one single "*" wildcard  account exists you don't need multiple authenticate servers  or groups.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors