Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sanderl
New Contributor III

Since FortiOS 6.2 DHCP and Device inventory problems

Since FOS6.2 we all know Fortinet skipped the device policies (using devices in policies), don't know why but...

On top of this I have this issue to not be able to create DHCP reservations.

I still can as I was used to "mark" a device by double clicking with a custom alias (name) and a custom Device type. But when trying to give a reserved IP address (as I could up to 6.0) I can't and get this error as in attachment.

I cannot select the dropdown and get an error. Hovering over the question mark it says "The device type is used to create a custom device".

Aynone has similar problems? And possibly a solution? Maybe if someone from Fortinet is reading along?

5 REPLIES 5
knuckles
New Contributor

Have you ever received an answer to this?  I just upgraded to 6.2.0 and I'm running into the same problem.  I haven't found anything in the documentation to say what to do with this.  I can go under interfaces and create a reservation, but when I'm in the dhcp monitor I get the same pop up when trying to reserve an IP.

sanderl
New Contributor III

No, this is what they call "blackhole routing" within Fortinet. Never received an answer, problem still persists.

knuckles

Well it's good that there's a work around, it sucks that they broke this in the monitor, it made it very handy to do reservations from that.

timbiotic

It is fixed in 6.2.1 (not available from firewall upgrade within the firewall, but it is available from the firmware downloads on the website).  I just upgraded and my brother has been on it for weeks without issue.  Also fixes a memory leak issue we were seeing.

Techedge
New Contributor

Another issue is they remove the option to delete device inventory from the GUI.  I opened a ticket and have been informed this is by design.  Please everyone speak up as this is a mistake.  I routinely review the contents of the list to spot devices that should not be on a network.  HIPAA and HiTRUST require scanning the network for foreign devices and I always start here.  I once found a bunch of IOS devices at a site with only android phones and found their wifi was set wide open and people walking by were connecting!  That list is a really helpful feature with Fortigate and not being able to purge the list of out dated entries except by using the cli cmd: diag user device clear or diag user device del <MAC address> is a terrible alternative.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors