Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

Show Device name column in FortiAnalyzer log view

Hello,
I'm trying to get started in FortiAnalyzer # and I'm running into a problem. I have added all the Fortigates that I manage to FortiAnalyzer and now when I look at the logs I only see a column with the Device ID, which is the serial number of the firewalls. However, I don't have all the serial numbers in my head, so I would have liked to have a Device Name column there. I don't see that optio
Could someone please advise me?

1 Solution
smkml

Hello @Kubajs ,

If you referring to traffic/security/event logs in LogView you may select the option in:

Log View > FortiGate > Traffic/Security/Event > Select "More Columns" Icon > Search "Device Name"

log view.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Kubajs ,

You can easily add this column to your FortiAnalyzer log view.  

Click the grid icon on the right side of the search bar. After that search "Device Name" on dialog. Click OK. After this process, the device name will shown in the log table. Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 13.06.11.png

Also, you can use "All Device" option for filtering logs by device name.This option is placed on the left side of the search bar.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You can enable it as below from the log view tab.

image.png

image.png

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am running version 7.4.1 and I don't see that option.FortiAnalyzer.jpg

smkml

Hello @Kubajs ,

If you referring to traffic/security/event logs in LogView you may select the option in:

Log View > FortiGate > Traffic/Security/Event > Select "More Columns" Icon > Search "Device Name"

log view.jpg

Kubajs
New Contributor III

This is it!! I can manage columns from this place and see them in FortiView.

So thank you very much. :)

However, it seems to me that it's not very user friendly. Why couldn't the column selection be directly in the log view in FortiView? It would be much more intuitive.

ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Kubajs ,

This is normal because this screen doesn't look like a "Log View".  This screen is FortiView.

I think you can just "All device" option in this menu. Click "All Device" left side on the screen, after that you can choose firewalls which do you want to see.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors