Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ccsb
New Contributor

Self service enrollment - Read timed out

Hello !

I have fortiAP 221E and FortiLAN Cloud configured with open SSID :

- FortiLAN Cloud Captive Portal

- Self-Registered Guests

When i try to create account, i got "Read timed out" error message, i still receive email with credential but no SMS.

Regards,

Stephane

FortiAP 

5 REPLIES 5
FarinaAhmed
New Contributor III

1. Check network connectivity.
  2. Verify FortiLAN Cloud configuration for Self-Registered Guests.
  3. Review email settings and confirm they are working.
  4. Verify SMS gateway integration and credentials.
  5. Contact Fortinet support for further assistance.
Farina Ahmed
Farina Ahmed
ccsb
New Contributor

Can you please tell me where is SMS gateway integration ?

Until now, i didn't configured this point but i received some sms...

Thank you.

FarinaAhmed
New Contributor III

Regarding SMS gateway integration in FortiLAN Cloud, it's important to note that FortiLAN Cloud does not provide built-in SMS gateway integration. Instead, you would need to use a separate SMS gateway service or provider to send SMS notifications.

To integrate an SMS gateway with FortiLAN Cloud, you would typically need to follow these steps:

1. Select an SMS Gateway Provider: Choose a reputable SMS gateway service provider that offers reliable SMS delivery services. Some popular SMS gateway providers include Twilio, Nexmo, Plivo, and Clickatell.

2. Obtain SMS Gateway Provider Credentials: Sign up for an account with your chosen SMS gateway provider and obtain the necessary credentials, such as an API key, authentication tokens, or other required details.

3. Configure SMS Gateway Settings in FortiLAN Cloud: Access the settings or configuration section of FortiLAN Cloud where SMS notifications are managed. Enter the relevant information provided by your SMS gateway provider, such as the API credentials, endpoint URLs, or other required details.

Farina Ahmed
Farina Ahmed
ccsb

Hi,

Do you know where do i could find the SMS Gateway Settings in FortiLAN Cloud please ?

Regards,

Stephane

ccsb
New Contributor

I am sorry but i do not find the SMS Gateway Settings in FortiLAN Cloud :

Capture d'écran 2023-05-24 123235.png

Regards,

Stephane

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors