Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
WEER
New Contributor

Security Vulnerabilities

Dear all,

Can any body explain how to check available vulnerabilities for particular IOS?What is the link?

Is there any vulnerability for following products?can you help me please?

Fortigate 300A V4.0 MR3 patch 15

Fortigate 3240C V5  GA patch 7

Highly appreciate your help.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

One place to check for security vulnerabilities in fortinet products is the Customer Support Bulletin, which is listed on the home page of the support site when you log into it. 

The patch/release notes that accompanies each firmware release details most (not always all) bug/security fix/changes in each firmware release.   It's usually a good idea to update your Fortigate's firmware to the latest release.  (Always follow the recommended upgrade path when doing so.  Link for 5.2.x)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
WEER
New Contributor

Thank You very much for your reply.But my question is ,if someone says ,your existing IOS is having a security vulnerability,

how do I check exactly whether it is affected or not?

In my case ,some third pary vendor has done a security check and given a report to the customer.According to that repot,

fortigate 300A V4.0 MR3 patch 15 and

fortigate 3240C V5 GA patch7 affected.

We should be able to tell them ,that whether they are not affected or not,rather than going for a upgrade .

(In Cisco ,it is easy to check)

Appriciate your help.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors