Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tomekw
New Contributor

Second LAN from VPN

Hello all, I do not know how to set up a VPN connection for a second LAN.

On the LAN 10.6.0.0/16 I have a second LAN-2 10.16.42.0/24.

This network is accessed through a router with address 10.6.1.140.

On workstations that need to get to LAN2 I made entries in the routing table:

route –p add 10.16.42.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.6.1.140

Route Print looks like this:

Network Address         Mask                 Gateway            Metric

10.16.42.0                 255.255.255.0    10.6.1.140         1

Ping to address: 10.16.42.205 is OK

At FortiGate80E (v5.6.2) i have configured user access via VPN SSL using FortiClient. LAN connection works.

How to configure FortiGate so that when connecting via VPN you also have access to LAN-2?

Regards

Tomek 

Regards

Tomek

Regards Tomek
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're using FortiClient SSL VPN, split-tunneling automatically injects the routes toward the tunnel so that they're split from the other destinations. You just need to include LAN-2 subnet for destination addresses (you probably want to use an address group) in the SSL VPN policy [ssl.root->LAN interface].

Then you need a static route for LAN-2 toward 10.16.1.140.

tomekw

Thank you, I will check your proposal. I set up in Static Routes: Dest: 10.16.42.0/32 Gate: 10.6.1.140 Interface: lan Should the CLI Console ping to the LAN2 address should match? Because it does not answer.

Regards

Tomek

Regards Tomek
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If the default route on the device you ping to is pointing toward your FG, yes, you should get responses. FG doesn't always pick the outgoing interface IP as a ping source. I almost always "exec ping-o source" to specify before "exec ping" unless I ping a directly connected IP. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors